Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wolves With Guns


I have waited for you day and night
You find a way to creep around my sight
You fill the outer edges of my retina
Is it a dark ring or is it full of light?

I can't tell between what's wrong or right
Leave me in trouble now, I will be alright
I am waiting for the wolves to yell
to take the prisoner's will with my own might,

I am waiting for the wolves to yell
To kill the queen and have a story to tell

Broken windows, just to get to you
I am running, I am hiding from the truth
You won't touch me, you won't kiss me anymore
Who is gonna love me when I'm lying dead on the floor?

I am only one of many queens
Behind every throne is a treachery
I am only one of many kinds
Of foolish lovers that will steal and taint your mind

When in the dark, there is no shame
Another hope lost with every story gained
When losing sparks, no one's to blame
Another love lost with every story gained

The others think I'm crazy, they think I'm having fun
They don't see past the fire, that I'm not the only one
I sold myself to freedom, and now I'm done
No one is gonna love me with my head stuck to my gun

No comments: